The Austin Children’s Shelter Gala #illuminatedlives in more ways than one! The Hilton Austin provided an elegant backdrop for the Monaco themed festivities with its ballroom being transformed into an extravagant and mystical space where guests enjoyed amazing cocktails, cuisine, and theatrical performances. In order to create the unique ambiance, our Intelligent Lighting Design team utilized the wireless iPad system to control the LED fixtures throughout the night. The constant lighting transitions and fabulous actors allowed the James Bond like performance to feel as though it were truly happening. Even though all of these exciting features made the event spectacular, the most important detail to take away from A Night In Monaco is the proceeds that were raised for the children.The gala doubled last year’s fundraising efforts resulting in a total of $1.2 million to be donated to the cause. The engagement of the audience, interactive experience, and generous guests helped exceed the fundraising goals for ACS, making the gala a night to remember!
Do you want a unique museum experience? If so, Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum is the place to go! This South Austin garden acts as a beautiful backdrop for many of Charles Umlauf’s sculptures. With luscious plant life surrounding the works of art, visitors gain different perspectives that vary season to season. The interactive space proves to provide a non-traditional museum adventure where guests become educated in the appreciation of sculpture. Intelligent Lighting Design is proud to announce that we are now the exclusive lighting team for Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum! The Museum Coordinator, Samantha Elliot, let us know a few fun facts about the garden and what they do to make events there a memorable experience.
1) What is your favorite season in the sculpture garden and why?
That’s a tie between Spring and Fall. Spring has the advantage of lush grounds and blossoming flowers. Fall brings a new color palette to the table because of the many varieties of trees in the garden. Both seasons have cool nights and lovely light; it’s hard to pick a favorite.
2) How many people does it take to keep the grounds up and running to create the unique outdoor museum?
We have a full-time staff of 6 and are supported by nearly 30 volunteers, a dozen city gardeners, and community groups that host “garden clean-up” activities once a month.
3) How do you utilize lighting in your garden?
Permanently installed lights illuminate the trees, paths, sculptures, and meeting spaces. There are also some cleverly hidden lights in our pavilion that have delighted many guests.
4) Is there a “most popular” sculpture in the garden, if so which one?
5) How does Intelligent Lighting Design contribute to transforming the space?
Transform is the perfect word. Special lighting touches elevate events from generic to magical! The garden lends itself to evenings under festoon strands, surrounded by glowing tables. Our terrace columns become grandiose when up lit with colors and event themes are easily made cohesive. We love when clients make use of lighting and ILD has made the process so simple for our staff.
Intelligent Lighting Design is looking forward to contribute to this magical garden. With such a beautiful venue, we can only imagine the possibilites!
Photo by Studio Uma
It’s been a long and stressful, yet successful year. You want to reward your employees with a party that they won’t forget to end the year on a good note. You’re excited for the food, drinks, music, and are secretly hoping your favorite employee picked your name for the Secret Santa game. Everything is good to go, however, there is one thing missing that will take your party to the next level at a very affordable price: lighting.
Intelligent Lighting Design has got you covered. With a holiday special of $797, you can receive a FULL room color wash (choose from 149 million color options), a personalized logo projection (perhaps this can be used as a photo backdrop), and a comprehensive on-site design team to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible.
It gets better.
Our iDesign equipment is waterproof and wireless. “That one guy” at the party won’t trip over any wires after one too many, and if drinks have fallen, no equipment is damaged. Want more? The iDesign equipment also comes in black or white, blending in with the walls of your venue/space. We now carry MINI logo projections. Same effect, smaller projection kit; nobody will notice where your company logo is shining from. It’s a win-win for everybody!!!
Long story short, Don’t party in the Dark! Let us be the reason that your employees are talking about your Christmas party for months to come!
Looking for a natural and awe-inspiring setting for a memorable occasion? If so, located only 30 minutes from downtown Austin, Texas, Vintage Villas is perched on a beautiful bluff overlooking Lake Travis views. This charming spot offers spaces for corporate getaways, intimate gatherings, and exquisite cuisine. Intelligent Lighting Design is excited to announce our recent corporate partnership to be their in-house lighting team! We spoke to Lauren Allen, Director of Sales & Marketing, and she shed some light on all things Vintage Villas.
1) What are key features that separate Vintage Villas from other event locations? Vintage Villas overlooks the Hill Country and Lake Travis. We have both indoor and outdoor ceremony spaces and a wedding sales manager available at all times to answer questions and give advice throughout the planning process. Our tenured Executive Chef is able to customize menus to accomodate vegan guests and our on site hotel is available for guests’ convenience. Our excellent customer service is one to note!
2) How does Intelligent Lighting Design contribute to revamping your event space? Intelligent Lighting Design personalizes every wedding/event! They have the ability to highlight the client’s unique style all the while adding warmth and changing the mood of the space.
4) How are you preparing for the fall event season? Vintage Villas has added new landscaping features and have planted Fall floral!
5) What decor trends are you expecting to see this year? We are expecting to see even more floral and lots of color! In regards to food and beverage, we are seeing more signature cocktails and a custom late night snack! For the fall season, we are also seeing the use of more fun and unique table linens!
If you are looking for the ultimate antique event hall, Camp Lucy is the perfect setting for your memories to be made. Located near Dripping Springs Texas, Camp Lucy is within the heart of the beautiful hill country. By utilizing Intelligent Lighting Design’s equipment the space transforms into your ideal vintage, fairy tale venue. In addition, we are now excited to announce that we are the exclusive in-house lighting team for Camp Lucy!! Beverly Cambron, Marketing Representative, tells us about the history and upcoming festivities at Camp Lucy. Join Camp Lucy for a Bridal Open House on Sunday, September 22nd!
1) What characteristics about your venue do you find yourself and your clients loving? Camp Lucy prides itself on offering a unique place for your wedding or special event while also exuding elegance and incredible attention to detail, and our amazing clients definitely respond to that combination. Of course, our gorgeous Hill Country location certainly doesn’t hurt! Our clients also absolutely love our new in-house catering. We are so lucky to have Chef Rob McMahon and Catering Director Tiffany Keith on our team. Scrumptious food and first-class professionalism have proved to be a winning combination.
2) How would you describe Camp Lucy in three words? Unique. Elegant. Inspiring.
3) What type of lighting are you enjoying most? (i.e. color washes, festoon “string” lights, cake/floral cake pinspotting, etc) Not to dodge the question specifics, but we are enjoying whatever ILD creates!
4) Any interesting facts about your venue? Actually, we’re about to be two venues! The story of Camp Lucy began when owner Whit Hanks purchased the ultimate antique – a 19th Century French Colonial chapel bound for demolition – and imported it from Vietnam to Dripping Springs, Texas. That chapel was soon joined by another French Colonial building that now serves as a gorgeous pavilion (another interesting fact – the pavilion roof is made with 1920s Ludowici tiles repurposed from the Bexar County Courthouse in downtown San Antonio). These two buildings, along with the majestic Events Hall crafted from a salvaged 200 year old Amish barn, collectively make up our Ian’s Chapel venue. Making its debut at our Open House on September 22nd will be our second venue on the Camp Lucy ranch, Sacred Oaks, which features a stunning Great Hall with dramatic timber-framing (and an absolutely perfect interior balcony), and a terraced outdoor ceremony site under the namesake oaks whose elegant, twisting branches are embellished with thousands of tiny lights, cascading like sparkling Spanish moss. We can’t wait to show it off!
5) What do you enjoy most about working with the Intelligent Lighting Design team? Your professionalism, responsiveness, creativity, and ability to make magic happen.
photos by Caroline + Ben
Intelligent Lighting Design’s LED Dance Floor made its big debut at a Mitzvah party held at the Westin at the Domain produced by Michelle Schwartz of The Modern Jewish Wedding. The guest of honor and her family and friends enjoyed celebrating and dancing the Horah around our colorful lighting equipment. The Horah, an Israeli circle dance is one of the many traditions within the Jewish community. To view this dance in action, click here.
In America, Mitzvahs are lavish affairs with hundreds of guests gathering together to celebrate “the observation of the commandments”. Mitzvah parties are coming of age rituals for Jewish teens to become full fledge members of the Jewish society. This ceremony signifies responsibility and accountability for one’s actions and allows the celebrated teen to participate in religious services, such as reading from the Torah, which is a series of books that consists of the totality of Jewish teaching and practice.
Intelligent Lighting Design is honored to have been part of such an amazing party and is extending a special offer to use the interactive LED Dance Floor to those interested. If you contact us before October 31st we will give you $700 off your next Mitzvah bash. Let us light up your event and help make it as bright as possible!
photos by Ginny B. Photography
We are excited to announce our sponsorship of the upcoming Dress by Candlelight benefit coordinated by Candlelight Ranch on October 24th at Julian Gold. With over 100 acres near Lake Travis, Candlelight Ranch offers an extraordinary nature experience that allows children in need to actively “learn, play, and heal” through the environment. Many of the children’s backgrounds that attend Candlelight Ranch include being a part of the foster care system, facing emotional or behavioral challenges, or coming from an economically disadvantaged household.
Candlelight Ranch also partners with local organizations and schools to provide unique and personalized recreations for each child. Dell Financial Services, Julian Gold, Whole Foods, and many other businesses are sponsors of the Dress by Candlelight benefit fashion show. Dress by Candlelight provides funds for the programs directly allowing the children to have more opportunities to face their personal challenges and turn their darkness into light.
Fulfill a Dream will also be taking place at the fashion show and the money raised will help create Chillville, an interactive water feature! Last year’s funds helped purchase an all terrain vehicle, all terrain wheelchair, and a water harvesting system.
Intelligent Lighting Design will feature many elegantly lit chandeliers and color washed walls to correspond with the Great Gatsby theme. To add to the excitement, Couture designer, Carmen Marc Valvo, will be showcasing his 2014 Couture Collection Dress on the runway. Come #illuminatelife and join the crowd at this extravagant event! For ticket information, click here. In the words of Leonardo DiCaprio “I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn’t any privacy.”
Intelligent Lighting Design continues to #illuminatelife by sponsoring the Austin Child Guidance Center’s, “Austin Originals” Benefit Concert on September 27th. ACGC is devoted to bettering the mental health of youth and their families through early assessment of diagnosis and treatment in order to help them cultivate emotional skills for life’s trials. The proceeds from the concert will allow the Austin Child Guidance Center to continue providing quality mental health services to families that do not have insurance and typically cannot afford medical or mental health care. This will allow those in need to be seen on a “sliding-fee” that is determined upon their family income and number of dependents in the household. The festivities begin at 6:30pm and include local culinary delights, specialty drinks, and a live taping of the Latin funk band, Grupo Fantasma. If you are interested in lighting a path for those in need, join us at the Historic KLRU Studio on UT Campus and purchase your tickets here.
Austin Child Guidance Center is also currently launching their Latino Children’s Mental Health Program. This program consists of underserved Hispanic children dealing with many of the following issues: childhood depression, anxiety, domestic and sexual abuse, neglect, parent-child relational problems, and many more. ACGC hopes to expand affordable mental health services to these lower income Spanish speaking children and their families.
Here at Intelligent Lighting Design, we pride ourselves for staying on top of trends, creating top of the line products to add to our iDesign collection, and happily executing all events. We enjoy everything about illuminating events and weddings, but we have recently found ourselves asking, What can we do to illuminate lives?
It’s a topic that is dear to our hearts that adds meaning to our work. We transform a space, bring an out of this world experience for attendees, and hope that we can inspire others to give back to the community. We have worked with the Children’s Advocacy Center in Denton County for years and can now add the Austin Child Guidance Center, Austin Children’s Shelter, Dell Children’s Medical Center and Candlelight Ranch to our list. Children are the leaders of our future, and it is important to us that they receive all of the life lessons that transform them into successful leaders. Our charitable support has assisted in the funding for programs and facilities for these children.
If everybody dedicates themselves to find ways to better the community on a daily basis, we can only dream of what the possibilities are. So we ask you; What are you doing to #illuminatelife?
We’ve been reflecting on our love for Austin, and we have come to the conclusion that the event industry in town wouldn’t be as amazing without all of our magnificent vendors. It’s the partnerships that we have established that has made our work truly shine. Photos, galas, events, and weddings, wouldn’t be as glorious with just lighting; it is all the hard work that our event planners and vendors put forth that makes these events so unique.
This week, we’d like to highlight Pearl Events Austin. We’ve worked with this glamourous team for years and this week just so happens to be a Pearl Events week with two weddings back to back. We had the chance to speak to Becky Navarro, Pearl Events Founder, to get a little more insight on the daily life of a Pearl Events guru.
1) How would you describe your team in a few words? Hardworking and funny. We like to work hard, but keep it light so we’re able to laugh during this “possibly” stressful process of wedding planning. I want our clients to be able to have fun planning; this isn’t some crazy show on Bravo.
2) What’s your favorite part of the job? I enjoy designing events. I like being able to experiment with different colors, textures, table shapes, lighting, etc. I think it is awesome when a client comes to us with an aspect of something very “them” and we can build off of it adding personal touches to their big day. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing the bride walk down the aisle to the alter. Mainly because I feel like I can breath again, because for me that is the most stressful part of the day: the actual WEDDING. Once they are down there getting married, all is good, vendors are in place, set up is done, and it should be smooth sailing to send off.
5) Why do you think lighting is important? The two things I feel that transform a space are linens and lighting. Clients will spend money on their florals, so let’s highlight those on a gorgeous textured linen and light it up with a pinspot! You know when you walk into a perfectly lit room, you create an ambiance for your guests as soon as they walk in. You can change a tone with the correct lighting. Are you feeling: romantic, fun, crazy, sultry… the lighting makes it happen!